Why The Hell Are We Here?
The purpose of the FreeMinds community is to bring together people who value thoughtful, nuanced, and productive conversations on news, politics, and the issues of the day. It is designed to foster discussions that dive deeper than the superficial talking points we are continually given by media outlets on both sides of the political spectrum.
By requiring a small fee, we hope to discourage and weed out trolls and other bad actors from disrupting the flow of conversation.
We prioritize truth over narrative and principles over personalities. It does not matter which political side you’re on, we are more concerned with valuable conversations, not pushing a party.
Put simply, we prefer conversations that could lead to actual solutions instead of focusing only on problems or simply blaming the other side. This group is a forum and safe place to discuss our views on politics, but we gotta have fun too, right?
If you want to discuss such critical topics as Marvel vs DC or whether Han should have fired first, have at it!
But, as with any community, it is essential to have some ground rules:
- No personal attacks. Feel free to disagree, debate, and converse, but name calling and attacks on character do not belong here.
- No pornography.
- If you must post a video with graphic images, please provide a warning.
- Please be respectful of each other’s opinions. You’re not going to agree on every issue, but at least make an attempt to find some common ground. It’s probably easier than you think!
Please respect the following community guidelines to maintain an enjoyable environment:
- Keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks
- Don’t blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be
- No pornography
- Keep out behavior that could be seen as trolling/spamming
- Relax, be yourself, and enjoy